Current Affairs Quiz: 1 March 2019
- Union Cabinet on February 28, 2019 approved which metro rail project?
a) Kanpur Metro Rail
b) Lucknow Metro Rail
c) Greater Noida Metro Rail
d) Kolkata Metro Rail
- The Union Cabinet on February 28, 2019 approved the Memorandum of Understanding between India and which country to access tipline reports on Missing and Exploited Children?
b) Unites States
- The Union Cabinet recently approved to set up the 22nd All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in which state?
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN” Yojana for providing financial support to which project?
a) Metro Rail Projects
b) Construction of Roads & Highways
c) River dams
d) Integrated Bioethanol Projects
- Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley released the first report on EASE Reforms Index that measured the progress of which institutions?
a) Public Sector Banks
b) Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
c) Private Companies
d) Start Ups
- Who is the only Indian in top 10 batsmen in latest T20 International Players Rankings?
a) K L Rahul
b) Virat Kohli
c) M S Dhoni
d) Jasprit Bumrah
- The United States has vowed to give aid to which nation against armed attack in South China Sea?
- The Reserve Bank of India has signed a bilateral swap arrangement with the bank of which nation?
- The Union Cabinet has approved which policy to ensure more effective regulation in mining sector?
a) National Mineral Policy 2019
b) Mineral Regulation Policy 2019
c) Mineral Sector Policy 19-20
d) Policy for Mining Sector 2019
- The Cabinet has approved which policy to develop India as a Software Product Nation?
a) Software Products Policy 2019
b) National Software Policy 2019
c) National Policy on Software Products 2019
d) Policy for Software Products 2019
- (a) Kanpur Metro Rail
The Union Cabinet approved Kanpur Metro Rail Project having two corridors, which will connect major public nodes and city cluster areas of Kanpur. The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 11,076.48 crore and project will be completed in 5 years. ITT Kanpur to Naubasta corridor will pass through heart of the city covering several prominent educational institutions, Railway & Bus Stations, including IIT Kanpur.
- (b) Unites States
The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding between India and the USA to access tipline reports on Missing and Exploited Children. It will pave the way for setting up of an innovative mechanism for sharing information about child pornography and child sexual abuse material and taking legal action against offenders.
- (c) Haryana
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rewari at Manethi, Haryana at a cost of Rs 1299 crore. The Cabinet also approved the creation of a post of Director in the basic pay of Rs 2,25,000 (fixed) plus Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) for the above AIIMS.
- (4) Integrated Bioethanol Projects
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana” for providing financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock.
- (a) Public Sector Banks
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley released the first report on EASE Reforms Index that independently measures progress on the Public Sector Banks (PSB) Reforms Agenda. The Index measures performance of each PSB on 140 objective metrics across 6 themes and provides all PSBs a comparative evaluation.
- (a) K L Rahul
K L Rahul was the lone Indian to feature in the top 10 batting list in the latest ICC T20 International Players Rankings released on February 28, 2019. Rahul made a successful comeback with scores of 47 and 50 in the just-concluded T20 series against Australia. Formerly top-ranked Virat Kohli went up two places to 17th position and former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni jumped up seven places to 56th position.
- (c) Philippines
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on March 1, 2019 vowed to defend the Philippines against armed attack in the disputed South China Sea. China’s building of artificial islands in waters which were also claimed by Manila and other neighbours are potential threats to the two allies. A 1951 US-Philippine mutual defence treaty commits the two nations to come to each other’s aid in case of an armed attack in the Pacific area on either party.
- (b) Japan
The Reserve Bank of India and Bank of Japan have signed a Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA). It may be recalled that the BSA was negotiated between India and Japan during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Tokyo in October 2018. The BSA provides for India to access 75 billion US dollars whereas the earlier BSA had provided for 50 billion dollars.
- (a) National Mineral Policy 2019
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 28, 2019 approved National Mineral Policy 2019. The new national mineral policy will ensure more effective regulation and will lead to sustainable mining sector development in future while addressing the issues of project affected persons especially those residing in tribal areas.
- (c) National Policy on Software Products 2019
The Union Cabinet has approved the National Policy on Software Products – 2019 to develop India as a Software Product Nation. The policy will lead to the formulation of several schemes, initiatives, projects and measures for the development of software products sector in the country as per the roadmap envisaged therein.