Current Affairs Quiz: 2 to 4 March 2019
- How many countries have ratified the Geneva Convention?
- Which country began exporting goods to India for the first time through Chabahar port on February 24, 2019?
- Which movie won the Oscars 2019 in Best Documentary – Short Subject category?
c) Period. End Of Sentence
d) Free Solo
- Which movie won the ‘Best Picture’ award at the 91st Academy Awards (Oscars)?
a) Bohemian Rhapsody
b) The Favourite
d) Green Book
- When the National Science Day is observed every year?
a) February 25
b) February 26
c) February 27
d) February 28
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 25, 2019 dedicated the National War Memorial to the nation. The Memorial is located in which city?
b) New Delhi
- Which actress recently was named as the brand ambassador of the Swasth Immunised India campaign?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Alia Bhatt
c) Kareena Kapoor Khan
d) Sonam Kapoor
- The Indian Air Force in a recent retaliatory move destroyed the biggest JeM training camp in Balakot. The town is located in which among the following Pakistani provinces?
c) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 in which field?
a) Science & Technology
c) Education & Skill Development
- Which former cricketer has been banned from cricket for a period of two years?
a) Sanath Jayasuriya
b) Shane Warne
c) Imran Khan
d) Shahid Afridi
- The second summit between United States President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was held in which country?
b) South Korea
- Which state has launched PRANAM commission to protect parents of state government employees?
- (c) 196
The Geneva Conventions are a set of international treaties agreed to between 1864 and 1949 that establish the standards of international law for humanitarian treatment in case of war. The conventions were ratified, in whole or with reservations, by 196 countries across the world.
- (b) Afghanistan
Afghanistan on February 24,
2019began exports to India through the Chabahar port in Iran. This is the first time Afghanistan has exported goods to India bypassing the Pakistan route .Twenty-threetrucks carrying 570 tonnes of dried fruits, textiles, carpets and mineral products were dispatched from the western Afghan city of Zaranj to Chabahar in Iran.
- (c) Period. End Of Sentence
The ‘Period. End Of Sentence’, a film on menstruation set in rural India, won the Oscar in the Documentary – Short Subject category at the 91st Academy Awards. The film has been directed by Rayka Zehtabchi and produced by Indian producer Guneet Monga’s Sikhya Entertainment.
- (d) Green Book
The 91st Academy Awards, popularly known as Oscar Awards, were conferred on February 24, 2019 (February 25 as per Indian time). The ‘Green Book’ won in the Best Picture category; while ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, nominated for five Oscars, won the most Oscars at the award show.
- (d) February 28
The National Science Day 2019 was observed across India on February 28,
2019to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (CV Raman). The theme of National Science Day 2019 was “Science for the People and the People for Science.”
- (b) New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 25,
2019dedicated the National War Memorial to the nation in a solemn ceremonial function in New Delhi. The National War Memorial complex includes a central obelisk (pillar), an eternal flame, and six bronze murals depicting famous battles fought by Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.
- (c) Kareena Kapoor
Acclaimed actress Kareena Kapoor Khan became the brand ambassador of the Swasth Immunised India campaign to spread awareness among parents about child vaccination to help prevent the future generation from life-threatening diseases. The campaign has been launched by Serum Institute of India (SII) in association with Network18.
- (c) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
In retaliation to the deadly Pulwama terror attack, the Indian Air Force fighter jets crossed the line of control in the early hours of February 26,
2019and attacked the biggest Jaish-e-Mohammed training camp in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan.
- (a) Science & Technology
On the occasion of National Science Day 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 to the awardees. The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is named after the founder Director of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR),
Dr.Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar.
- (a) Sanath Jayasuriya
Former Sri Lanka Cricket captain Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from cricket for two years. In a statement on February 26, ICC said Jayasuriya admitted to breaching two counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. The charges include refusal to cooperate with an Anti Corruption Unit (ACU) investigation, obstructing or delaying the investigation.
- (a) Vietnam
The second summit between United States President Donald Trump and North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un was held in
Hanoi on February 27-28, 2019. The summit was a part of ,Vietnam Trumpadministration’s ongoing efforts to denuclearise North Korea. Vietnam has diplomatic ties with both US and North Korea. The summit however, ended with both the United States and North Korea failing to reach a formal deal.
- (d) Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the PRANAM Commission, which is a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a bill brought in for the protection of parents of state government employees. The PRANAM bill aims to ensure that no state government employee ignores their elderly parents and unmarried differently-abled siblings.