Current Affairs Quiz: 26 December 2018
- When is the Good Governance Day every year in India?
a) 25 December
b) 26 December
c) 27 December
d) 28 December
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of how much amount in honour of Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee?
a) Rs 50
b) Rs 100
c) Rs 200
d) Rs 500
- Recently, to mark the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, his Samadhi was dedicated to the nation. What name is ascribed to Vajpayee’s Samadhi?
a) Saudharm Atal
b) Atal Sahej
c) Sadaiv Atal
d) Atal Sadaa
second longestrail-cum-road bridge was inaugurated recently in which state of India?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
- India’s longest rail cum road Bridge Bogibeel Bridge is situated on which river?
- PM Modi recently inaugurated Lalitgiri Museum in which state?
- Which country has expanded economic sanctions on Ukraine?
- Which country has decided to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC)?
b) New Zealand
- Which country has become the first one in Southeast Asia to legalise the medical use of marijuana?
- Veteran politician Nirupam Sen passed away on December 24. He belonged to which political party?
a) CPI (M)
- Which Indian zoo had to be closed indefinitely after deaths of peacocks due to H5N1 Virus?
a) Delhi Zoo
b) Lucknow Zoo
c) Patna Zoo
d) Jaipur Zoo
- Which nation, liberated from the Islamic State terrorists declared Christmas Day as a public holiday for the first time this year?
c) Saudi Arabia
- (a) 25 December
India observed the Good Governance Day on December 25, 2018 to mark the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who passed away on August 16, 2018 at the age of 93. The Good Governance Day was established in 2014 to honor former-Prime Minister Vajpayee by fostering awareness among the Indian people of accountability in governance.
- (b) Rs 100
To mark the Good Governance Day 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 24, 2018 released a 100-rupee commemorative coin in honour of Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Weighing 35 grams, the 100-rupee coin has the image of Vajpayee with his name inscribed in Hindi and English.
- (c) Sadaiv Atal
To mark the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, his Samadhi ‘Sadaiv Atal’ was dedicated to the nation. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid floral tributes at the Samadhi. The development work of the Samadhi was undertaken by the Atal Smriti Nyas Society.
- (d) Assam
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bogibeel Bridge in Assam on the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The bridge is part of infrastructure projects planned by India to improve logistics along the border in Arunachal Pradesh.
- (a) Brahmaputra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bogibeel Bridge in Assam on the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Bogibeel Bridge connects the south bank of the Brahmaputra river in Assam’s Dibrugarh district with Silapathar in Dhemaji district, bordering Arunachal Pradesh.
- (b) Odisha
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 24, 2018 released the commemorative coin and postage stamp in memory of Paika Rebellion during his visit to Bhubaneswar to commemorate Paika Rebellion. The Prime Minister also inaugurated the Lalitgiri Archaeological Museum, adding a new facet of tourism in the region.
- (a) Russia
Russia has expanded its economic sanctions on Ukraine, adding more than 250 people and businesses to a blacklist first announced at the start of November. Relations between Moscow and Kiev have deteriorated since a pro-Western government came to power after the 2014 revolt against a pro-Russian leader, and outbreak of war in eastern Ukraine.
- (d) Japan
Japan has decided to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC) and will resume commercial whaling in July 2019. Tokyo will officially inform the IWC of its decision by the end of the year, which will mean the withdrawal, will come into effect by June 30.
- (c) Thailand
Thailand on December 25, 2018 approved the licensed use of marijuana for medical use and research. The changes will legalise the production, import, export, possession and use of marijuana products for medical purposes.
- (a) CPI (M)
Nirupam Sen, veteran CPI (M) leader, passed away on December 24 in Kolkata following a cardiac arrest. He was 72. The former commerce and industry minister was the driving force behind attempts of industrialisation of the state in the last 10 years of the Left Front government led by former Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
- (c) Patna Zoo
Patna zoo has been closed for an indefinite period following the confirmation of H5NI virus killing six peacocks in the zoo. According to Patna Zoo Deputy Director R K Sinha, the zoo had been closed following deaths of six peacocks between December 16 and 24.
- (b) Iraq
Iraq has declared Christmas Day as a public holiday across the country. With the announcement, Iraqi Christians, for the first time, celebrated the holiday in the regions that had been liberated from Islamic State terrorists.