Current Affairs Quiz: 27 December 2018
organisationreleased the Second Delta Ranking under Aspirational District Programme?
a) NITI Aayog
- Which district was ranked as the most improved district in the Second Delta Ranking under Aspirational District Programme?
- Who will head the Expert Committee on Economic Capital Framework constituted by the RBI recently?
a) Bimal Jalan
b) Rakesh Mohan
c) Bharat Doshi
d) Sudhir Mankad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will rename three islands of Andaman and Nicobar after which freedom fighter?
a) Shaheed Bhagat Singh
b) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
c) Lala Lajpat
Rai d) Chandrashekhar Azad
- Which state launched the ‘Bharat Ratna Atal Bihar Vajpayee International Schools’ for students in rural areas?
- Which state has declared that it will apply for full UN membership in January 2019?
b) North Korea
- Which state’s police has banned namaz in public places?
a) Uttar Pradesh
- Which state decided to rename Child Care Institutes as Jagannath Ashrams?
- India’s 25th high court will start functioning from January 1,
2019in which city?
- Which cricketer was formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame of December 26, 2018?
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Saurav Ganguly
d) AB de Villiers
Answers with Explanation
- (a) NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog on December 27, 2018 released the Second Delta Ranking of the Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP). The rankings were released by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- (b) Virudhunagar
NITI Aayog on December 27, 2018 released the Second Delta Ranking of the Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP). Virudhunagar District of Tamil Nadu was ranked as the most improved district in the Rankings. The ranking represented the incremental progress made by districts between June 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018.
- (a) Bimal Jalan
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in consultation with the Union Government, on December 26, 2018 constituted an Expert Committee on Economic Capital Framework. The Committee will be headed by Bimal Jalan, while, former secretary Rakesh Mohan was named as the Vice Chairman.
- (b) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will rename three islands of Andaman and Nicobar after Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on December 30, 2018. These three islands are – Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island.
- (a) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government launched Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Schools in Mumbai on the occasion of 94th birth anniversary of the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The school is affiliated to the Maharashtra International Education Board (MIEB).
- (c) Palestine
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Malki has declared that Palestine would initiate an application to gain full state membership at the United Nations in January 2019. To secure full state membership, the Palestinians would require the support from at least nine out of the UNSC’s 15 member states.
- (a) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Police has reportedly issued an order banning namaz at a public park in Noida’s Sector-58. According the reports, police banned the prayers or any religious activities in the park following a complaint. The police order is addressed to offices and firms in the area, warning them of strict action if their employees were caught offering prayers at the park.
- (b) Haryana
The Haryana government recently decided to rename Child Care Institutes as Jagannath Ashrams. This was announced by the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- (c) Amravati
President Ram Nath Kovind on December 26, 2018 issued orders for the creation of a separate high court for Andhra Pradesh which will start functioning from January 1, 2019 from Amravati. After the creation of Telangana, the high court of the two states was functioning from Hyderabad. With the creation of the new high court, the country will have 25 high courts.
- (a) Ricky Ponting
Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting was on December 26, 2018 formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. Ponting was named in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame along with former India captain Rahul Dravid and England woman wicketkeeper-batter Claire Taylor during the ICC Annual Conference in Dublin in July, which Ponting could not attend.