Current Affairs Quiz: 6 March 2019
- India and World Bank on March 5, 2019 signed USD 96 million loan agreement for financing Disaster Recovery Project of which state?
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
- When will be the ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ celebrated across India?
a) 6 March
b) 7 March
c) 8 March
d) 9 March
- Minister of State for Culture and Environment, Mahesh Sharma recently inaugurated ‘Azaadi-ke-Diwane’ museum in which city?
c) New Delhi
- Around what percent of the households in Rural India who have access to the toilet use it, as per the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19?
a) 95 percent
b) 95.5 percent
c) 96 percent
d) 96.5 percent
- Which is the most polluted capital city as per the World Air Quality Report 2018?
- Which is the only Hindu party to support the idea of court-monitored mediation in the Ayodhya land dispute case?
a) Nirmohi Akhada
b) Hindu Parishad
c) Ram Lalla Virajman
d) Hindu Mahasabha
- The Union Home Ministry has launched smart fencing on which Indian border to deter illegal infiltration?
a) Indo-Pakistan Border
b) Indo-Nepal Border
c) Indo-Bangladesh Border
d) Indo-Myanmar Border
- The Indian government has signed a $250 million agreement with which International financial institution for National Rural Economic Transformation Project to boost rural incomes in India?
- Which city has been adjudged as the cleanest city in Swachh Sarvekshan for third year in a row?
- Which tennis player has become the second-ever in the world to claim 100 ATP titles?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Serena Williams
d) Novak Djokovic
- (a) Uttarakhand
A tripartite loan agreement was signed between the Central Government, Uttarakhand Government and the World Bank for additional financial assistance of USD 96 million for the Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Project.
- (b) 7 March
Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Road Transport & Highways, Shipping on March 6,
2019announced March 7, 2019will be observed as the ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ across the country.
- (c) New Delhi
The Minister of State for Culture and Environment, Mahesh Sharma inaugurated ‘Azaadi-
ke-Diwane’ museum at Red Fort, Delhi. The museum has been created by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and pays homage to all unsung heroes of freedom struggle of the nation.
- (d) 96.5
percentof the households in Rural India who have access to the toilet use it as per the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19, conducted by Independent Verification Agency (IVA). Since the launch of the Swachh Bharat Mission in October 2014, over 500 million people have stopped defecating in the open, as of 2018 data.
- (a) Delhi
As per the World Air Quality Report 2018 released by IQAir AirVisual and Greenpeace on March 5, 2019, seven of the top 10 most polluted cities in the world are in India. Delhi was ranked as the most polluted capital in the world, with Dhaka at second and Kabul at
- (a) Nirmohi Akhada
The Supreme Court of India has reserved its order on resolving the long-standing Ayodhya land dispute case by court-monitored mediation. The Nirmohi Akhada is the only Hindu party to support the idea of mediation. On the other hand, the Muslim parties largely said they are as such, not opposed to the apex court’s suggestion of a mediated settlement.
- (c) Indo-Bangladesh Border
The Union Home Ministry has launched smart fencing on
Indo-Bangladeshborder to deter illegal infiltration. Two pilot projects covering about 71 Kms on Indo-Pakistan Border (10 Kms) and Indo-Bangladesh Border (61 Kms) of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System ( CIBMS) have been completed.
- (b) WB
The Union Government has signed a $250 million agreement with the World Bank for the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (
NRETP) to boost rural incomes across 13 States in India. The project aims to help women in rural households shift to a new generation of economic initiatives by developing viable enterprise for farm and non-farm products.
- (c) Indore
Three cities in Madhya Pradesh bagged top awards in Swachh Survekshan 2019 announced by the union government at a function in New Delhi on March 6, 2019. While Indore retained its top spot in the survey of being the cleanest city for the third consecutive year, it was a hat trick for Bhopal took, as it was adjudged the cleanest capital city in the 2019 survey.
- (a) Roger Federer
Roger Federer claimed the 100th ATP title of his career after beating 20-year-old Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-4, 6-4 in the final of the Dubai Tennis Championships on March 3, 2019. The 20-time grand slam champion is the second man, after American Jimmy Connors to claim ATP 100 titles. Federer will have to win 10 more titles to beat Connors’ men’s record of 109, while Martina Navratilova holds the all-time record having won 167 women’s singles crowns during her career.