Current Affairs Quiz: 8 and 9 June 2019
Latest Current Affairs Quiz 8 June 2019
1. The Government has reconstituted eight cabinet committees. The Prime Minister is a part of how many cabinet committees?
2. The Modi 2.0 Government created which new Ministry while allocating portfolios to new Council of Ministers on May 31?
a) Ministry of Nari Shakti
b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
c) Ministry of Space exploration
d) Ministry of Earth Sciences
3. Thomas Mueller posted a picture of himself on Twitter, wishing Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli luck for World Cup 2019. Mueller is the star football player of which nation’s football team?
4. A case of Nipah Virus resurfaced in which Indian state recently?
a) West Bengal
5. Which state’s cabinet has passed a resolution to increase reservation for OBCs to 27 percent?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
6. Which has been reappointed as National Security Adviser?
a) Rajiv Mehrishi
b) Raghuram Rajan
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) Ajit Doval
7. The ICC has requested which Indian cricketer to remove army insignia from uniform?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) KL Rahul
d) MS Dhoni
8. The Reserve Bank of India has done away with the charges levied on fund transfers through which of the following?
c) Both (a) & (b)
d) None of the above
9. Which Country will host India in all 3 formats of Cricket in 2020?
a) New Zealand
b) South Africa
c) West Indies
10. Which high court recently upheld the constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders?
a) Bombay High Court
b) Madras High Court
c) Kerala High Court
d) Rajasthan High Court
1. (a) Six
The Government has reconstituted eight key cabinet committees under the Transaction of Business Rules. The newly sworn-in Home Minister Amit Shah has been included in all 8 cabinet committees, while Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman are included in 6.
2. (b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government launched the “Ministry of Jal Shakti” to provide safe drinking water to people and appointed Gajendra Singh Shekhawat as the Minister of Jal Shakti. The Ministry has been created by merging Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. One of the key BJP’s manifestos was to set up a unified Ministry of Water to end the water problems in India.
3. (d) Germany
Prior to India’s opening world cup match against South Africa, Indian skipper Virat Kohli has received a special message from German Football Star Thomas Mueller wishing him luck for the cricket world cup.
4. (c) Kerala
The deadly Nipah Virus has resurfaced in Kerala, after a 23-year-old Kerala student, admitted in a private hospital in Ernakulam, was tested positive of the virus.
5. (d) Madhya Pradesh
The cabinet of Madhya Pradesh has passed a resolution to increase reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) to 27 percent from existing 14 percent.
6. (d) Ajit Doval
India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval has been reappointed to the post for another five years. Ajit Doval has also been given Cabinet Rank for contribution to national security.
7. (d) MS Dhoni
The International Cricket Council has asked the BCCI to get army insignia removed from MS Dhoni’s wicket-keeping gloves. Former Indian skipper MS Dhoni was spotted wearing the ‘Balidaan Badge’ on his gloves.
8. (c) Both (a) & (b)
The Reserve Bank of India has done away with the charges levied on fund transfers through RTGS and NEFT. The central bank has also asked the banks to pass on the benefits to customers, a move that will boost digital transactions.
9. (a) New Zealand
India will tour New Zealand in 2020 to play in all three formats – T20 Internationals, One-Day Internationals and Test matches, beginning January 24, 2020.
10. (a) Bombay High Court
Bombay High Court upheld the Constitutional validity of death penalty for repeat rape offenders. Under an amendment to section 376 (e) of the Indian Penal Code, repeat offenders in rape cases faced life imprisonment or a death penalty.