Current Affairs Quiz: 8 January 2019
- The Union Cabinet has approved what percentage of reservation quota for the economically weaker sections in the general category?
a) 10 per cent
b) 15 per cent
c) 7 per cent
d) 8.5 per cent
- Which country took over the operations of Chabahar Port in Iran in December 2018?
- The Lok Sabha has passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018 to remove which disease as a ground for divorce?
- Jim Yong Kim is going to step down on February 1 as the President of which international organisation?
a) World Health Organisation
b) Asian Development Bank
c) International Monetary Organisation
d) World Bank
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) imposed a ban on single-use plastic items at how many of its airports?
- Which city will host the Global Healthcare Summit 2019?
- Who was appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund?
a) Gita Gopinath
b) Maurice Obstfeld
c) Christine Lagarde
d) Mahesh Rathore
- Which city will host the Global Aviation Summit 2019?
a) New Delhi
- The HRD Minister has approved how many additional seats for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas?
Puzzle of SBI PO Prelims 2019 -Set 4
Current Affairs Quiz: 7 January 2019
RRB (JE) Junior Engineer 2018-19 Recruitment
- (a) 10 per cent
The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for introduction of a bill that seeks to extend 10 per cent quota to the economically weaker sections in the general category who are not covered by any of the existing schemes of reservation.
- (c) India
India took over the operations of a part of Chabahar Port in Iran during the Chabahar Trilateral Agreement meeting held on December 24, 2018 in Iran. The heads of Indian, Iranian and Afghanistan delegation jointly inaugurated the office of the Indian SPV – India Ports Global Chabahar Free Zone (IPGCFZ) at Chabahar.
- (c) Leprosy
The Lok Sabha on January 7, 2019 passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, which seeks to remove leprosy as a ground for divorce. Leprosy is being removed as a ground for divorce as it is now a curable disease as against the earlier notion of it being incurable.
- (d) World Bank
In a surprise move, World Bank President Jim Yong Kim announced that he will step down from his position on February 1, 2019, much before the end of his term in 2022. Kim, 58, has been in this position for over six years now.
- (b) 129
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) imposed a ban on single-use plastic items at its 129 airports across the country. The Authority undertook various steps to eliminate single-use plastic items at passenger terminals and city side. These steps include banning of single-use plastic items like straws, plastic cutlery, plastic plates etc.
- (a) Hyderabad
The Global Healthcare Summit 2019 will be held in Hyderabad, Telangana in July 2019. The summit will be organised in partnership with the Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
- (a) Gita Gopinath
India born Gita Gopinath joined the International Monetary Fund as its Chief Economist. She is the first woman to occupy the top IMF post.
- (b) Mumbai
The Global Aviation Summit with the theme “Flying for all” will be organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in collaboration with FICCI from January 15-16, 2019 in Mumbai. The summit aims to provide a platform to the aviation fraternity to showcase the challenges of the sector in the newly developing growth spots.
- (c) 5000
The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has approved an increase of 5000 seats in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) for the Academic Year 2019-20. The number of seats in JNVs, at present, total to around 46600.The addition of 5000 seats will mean availability of 51000 seats from AY 2019-20.
- (b) Guatemala
Guatemala has said that it is withdrawing from a UN-backed anti-corruption commission. It has given the UN body’s staff 24 hours to leave the country. Guatemala’s President Jimmy Morales accused the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG) of polarising the country and putting its security at risk.