Current Affairs Quiz: 8 March 2019
- When is the International Women’s Day celebrated across world?
a) 7th March
b) 8th March
c) 9th March
d) 10th March
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 7, 2019 released the Dictionary on which of the following to highlight the India’s Freedom Struggle?
a) Indian Army
b) Indian Air Force
c) Indian Martyrs
d) Police Officers
- Which app has been launched by Union Urban Affairs Minister that digitilises the process of conversion of a property from leasehold to freehold?
- The Supreme Court has approved to form mediation panel to resolve Ram Temple-Babri Masjid dispute case. The mediation proceedings are scheduled to take place in which city?
- Thirty-six nations have signed an open letter criticizing which nation’s human rights record?
d) Saudi Arabia
- Ausaf Sayeed has been appointed as the new Indian Ambassador to which nation?
c) Saudi Arabia
- The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU on Cancer Research Initiative between India and which nation?
- Kummanam Rajasekharan recently resigned as the Governor of which state?
d) West Bengal
- The BCCI in the latest list of Central Contracts demoted which player?
a) Khaleel Ahmed
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Jasprit Bumrah
d) Shikhar Dhawan
- Marayoor jaggery, a world-famous delicacy, got a Geographical Indication (GI) tag recently. It belongs to which state?
c) Tamil Nadu
- (b) 8 March
The International Women’s Day 2019 was observed across the world on March 8,
2019with an aim to empower women in all settings, be it rural and urban, and celebrate the activists who work constantly to assert women’s rights and realise their full potential.
- (c) Indian Martyrs
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 7,
2019released the Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle (1857-1947) at an event in Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi. This five-volume dictionary contains accountof the martyrs from India’s First War of Independence in 1857, to India’s Independence in 1947.
- (a) e-Dharti
Union Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep S Puri has launched
e-Dhartiapp, which is a new online system where all the three main modules namely Conversion, Substitution and Mutation have been made online. The payment system in L&DO has also been completely digitised. The public can now submit their applications online by visiting L&DOwebsite and are not required to visit this office for submission of them and for follow up of their applications.
- (b) Faizabad
The Supreme Court of India has decided to refer the Ayodhya-Babri Masjid title dispute case for mediation. The mediation will be held in Faizabad, newly renamed as Ayodhya and its status report will have to be submitted to the court within four weeks. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially.
- (d) Saudi Arabia
Thirty-six countries have signed an open letter criticising Saudi Arabia’s human rights record. The letter, read at a meeting of the United Nations Human Rights Council on March 7, 2019, is the first collective rebuke of the kingdom. The letter urges Saudi Arabia to release human rights activists jailed for exercising their fundamental freedoms and to disclose all information available about the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- (c) Saudi Arabia
Dr.Ausaf Sayeed, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles, has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia. The Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1989 batch will succeed Ahmad Javed, who had been serving as envoy to Saudi Arabia since December 2015.
- (c) UK
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and UK on Cancer Research Initiative. The MoU was signed on November 14, 2018. The initiative will provide funding to develop new research alliances and undertake impactful research to enable significant progress against cancer outcomes.
- (a) Mizoram
Mizoram Governor Kummanam Rajasekharan resigned from his post on March 8, 2019. President Ram Nath Kovind accepted the resignation of Rajasekharan. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi has been given additional charge of the state.
- (d) Shikhar Dhawan
The BCCI in the latest list of Central Contracts rewarded the young wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant with a Grade A
retainershipwhile demoted senior opener Shikhar Dhawan from the elite A pluscategory. The BCCI handed retainershipto 25 cricketers in four groups of A plus (Rs 7 crore), A (Rs 5 crore), B (Rs 3 crore) and C (Rs 1 crore).
- (b) Kerala
Marayoor jaggery, a world-famous delicacy from Idukki, Kerala, finally got a Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Central Government. High sweetness without salty taste, high iron content, less sodium, less insoluble impurities, organic method of production are its special features.