Latest Current Affairs Quiz 10 June 2019
Current Affairs Quiz 10 June
1. Which of the following accused in Kathua rape-murder case was acquitted by Pathankot special court?
a) Vishal Jangotra
b) Pravesh Doshi
c) Anand Dutta
d) Tilak Raj
2. Which nation has set the record of posting the highest-ever chasing target against Australia in a cricket world cup match?
b) West Indies
d) New Zealand
3. Which Indian cricketer became the 4th batsman in the world to hit 2000 ODI runs against Australia during India vs Australia world cup match on June 9?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Shikhar Dhawan
d) MS Dhoni
4. Which cricketer announced his retirement from international cricket on June 10?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Yuvraj Singh
d) Shikhar Dhawan
5. Which planet will be the brightest object in the sky in June, besides the sun and the moon?
6. Which region among the following has decided to go ahead with extradition laws despite massive protest?
d) Hong Kong
7. In which state, drone successfully used to transport blood from remote health centre?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
8. In a recent list released by Forbes, which woman of Indian origin is ranked 18th in the list of America’s richest 80 women?
a) Neerja Sethi
b) Neha Narkhede
c) Aprajita Sinha
d) Jayshree Ullal
9. Which of the following Indian historian has been elected as the International Member of the American Philosophical Society?
a) Brijesh Das Gupta
b) Romila Thapar
c) Arvind Chaturvedi
d) Anushka Rawat
10. Where would be main event of International Yoga Day will be organised in country by Government of India?
1. (a) Vishal Jangotra
Six out seven accused including mastermind Sanjhi Ram, special police officer Deepak Khajuria, Parvesh Kumar, Surender Verma, Tilak Raj, and Anand Dutta. Only Sanjhi Ram’s son Vishal Jangotra has been acquitted.
2. (a) India
India put up a massive total of 352/5 in their second world cup match against Australia at the Oval on June 9. The total is the highest that any team has ever managed to make against Australia in a world cup match. With this India surpassed Sri Lanka’s score of 312 against Australia in Sydney during the 2015 World Cup.
3. (b) Rohit Sharma
During his 57-run innings in India vs Australia, World Cup 2019 match, Rohit Sharma became the fourth batsman in world cricket to hit 2,000 ODI runs against Australia. The other three players to have made more than 2000 ODI runs against Australia include Sachin Tendulkar, Desmond Haynes and Viv Richards.
4. (c) Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh, 2011 World Cup hero and one of India’s most celebrated cricketers has announced his retirement from international cricket, bringing an end to his illustrious cricketing career with immediate effect.
5. (b) Jupiter
Jupiter will be the brightest object in the sky in June, besides the sun and moon. Jupiter is the biggest planet in the solar system and it will be closer to Earth today, June 10, 2019 than at any other time of the year. It is expected to be seen after the sun has set.
6. (d) Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s Chief Executive Carrie Lam has signalled on June 10, 2019 that her government will go ahead with proposed amendments to its extradition laws despite a massive protest against them. She said that the legislation is important and will help Hong Kong uphold justice and fulfill its international obligations.
7. (c) Uttarakhand
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) successfully transported a single unit of blood from a remote primary health centre in Uttarakhand’s Tehri district.
8. (d) Jayshree Ullal
President and CEO of computer networking firm Arista Networks Jayshree Ullal (18th Rank), co-founder of IT consulting and outsourcing firm Syntel Neerja Sethi (23rd Rank), and CTO and co-founder of streaming data technology company Confluent Neha Narkhede (60th Rank) are in the Forbes list of ‘America’s Richest Self-Made Women 2019’.
9. (b) Romila Thapar
Famous historian and writer Romila Thapar has been elected as international member of American Philosophical Society (APS) at its Annual Spring Meeting. She is Professor Emerita of history at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi.
10. (a) Ranchi
Jharkhand capital Ranchi will be the venue for the main event for International Yoga Day on June 21 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attended it. The event will be held at the Prabhat Tara ground and around 30,000 people are expected to participate in it.