Latest Current Affairs Quiz 21 June 2019
Current Affairs Quiz 21 June
1. Which nation has become the first to ratify the US-Mexico-Canada agreement?
d) None of the above
2. Which retail giant has to pay over 282 mn for violating anti-corruption regulations in 4 countries?
c) Best Buy
3. When was World Music Day 2019 observed?
a) June 22nd
b) June 21st
c) June 20th
d) June 19th
4. India vs Afghanistan match will take place in which stadium on June 22?
a) The Oval
b) Trent Bridge
c) Old Trafford
d) Rose Bowl
5. The External Affairs Ministry has issued an advisory to Indians visiting which nation?
6. When was the Summer Solstice 2019 observed?
a) 19th June
b) 20th June
c) 21st June
d) 22nd June
7. The Bharat Financial Inclusion will be merged with which bank on July 4, 2019?
a) IndusInd Bank
b) RBL Bank
c) IDBI Bank
d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
8. Which State recently made it mandatory for trekkers to carry a GPS device along with them?
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
9. Which state received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for Namma Kolhapuri chappals?
10. The DD India channel will now be broadcasted in which two countries and in return, their state channels will be shown on DD Free Dish in India?
a) Nepal & Bhutan
b) Bhutan & Malaysia
c) Malaysia & Bangladesh
d) Bangladesh & South Korea
1. (a) Mexico
Mexico has ratified the US-Mexico-Canada agreement. This makes it the first country to give the new North American trade deal final approval despite recent tensions with the US. The deal aims to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The US and Canada have yet to ratify the deal.
2. (d) Walmart
International retail giant Walmart on June 20, 2019 agreed to pay over 282 US Dollar to various US bodies to settle charges of violating anti-corruption regulations while conducting its business in India, China, Brazil and Mexico.
3. (b) June 21st
The World Music Day 2019 was observed across the world on June 21, 2019. The International day, also known as the Fête de la Musique, is an annual celebration of music that takes place on June 21, the same day as the International Yoga Day.
4. (d) Rose Bowl
India is scheduled to take on Afghanistan tomorrow, June 22, 2019, in the Match 28 of ICC World Cup 2019 at Rose Bowl, Southampton. While India is riding high on 3 wins from four games, Afghanistan has had five back-to-back defeats. The Afghanistan team is ridden with issues both on and off the field.
5. (c) Ethiopia
The Ministry of External Affairs has issued an advisory to Indians visiting Ethiopia and expatriates residing there. The advisory comes in view of recent incidents of attacks on expatriates and foreigners in Addis Ababa and other parts of the country.
6. (c) 21st June
Google Doodle celebrated the Summer Solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere on June 21, the longest day of the year as it marked the official first day of the Summer Season in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer Solstice is also known as the ‘June Solstice’.
7. (a) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank recently announced that 4 July will be the effective date of its merger with the Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL). Post the merger, M R Rao, the current CEO of BFIL will become the CEO of IndusInd Financial Inclusion Ltd (IFIL).
8. (b) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh made it compulsory for the trekkers to carry a GPS device to tackle any emergency. The decision was taken at a review meeting chaired by the State Additional Chief Secretary Shrikant Baldi on preparedness for the monsoon.
9. (a) Karnataka
Karnataka and Maharashtra received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for making Kolhapuris, the sturdy ethnic leather chappal (footwear). The tag will now help Kolhapuris artisans export them and also sell them on e-commerce platforms like Flipkart and Amazon.
10. (d) Bangladesh & South Korea
The Union Government has entered into agreements with Bangladesh and South Korea to broadcast DD (Doordarshan) India channel in these countries. In return, the state channels of these two countries will be shown on DD Free Dish in India.