Latest Current Affairs Quiz for Exam: 2 and 3 April 2019
1. Which country has approved the sale of 24 MH 60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India?
2. Which country has announced new process of visa facilitation for expat families?
a) Saudi Arabia
3. The United Nations has appointed Nicholas Koumjian as the investigation head for which nation?
a) North Korea
4. India has gained access to supplies of Lithium Carbonate from which nation?
5. India has promised to support which nation’s candidacy as a non-permanent member of the UNSC for the term 2029 – 2030?
6. The third edition of ‘AUSINDEX-19’, bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy, began in which city?
7. India on April 2, 2019 signed an agreement with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) for setting up the agriculture institute in which African country?
8. According to which report, India and China have collectively accounted for more than 50% of global five million deaths due to air pollution?
a) Air Pollution and World-2019
b) State of Global Air-2019
c) Statistics of Air-2018-19
d) Human life and air pollution-2019
9. What is the name of a 260-feet long suspension bridge recently made by Indian Army in record 40 days at Leh?
a) Rural Bridge
b) Maitri Bridge
c) Suvidha Bridge
d) Sampark Bridge
10. Interaction on Trade and Economic Cooperation with Oceania Countries was held at which place recently?
d) New Delhi
1. (c) US
The United States has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of 2.4 billion US dollars. The MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopter is considered to be the world’s most advanced maritime helicopter. The helicopters are designed to hunt down submarines, as well as knock out ships and conduct search-and-rescue operations at sea.
2. (d) UAE
The United Arab Emirates has announced new visa guidelines as per which family members of foreign citizens, including Indians, working in the country will now be able to get an expat visa if the working relative fulfils income criteria.
3. (b) Myanmar
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Nicholas Koumjian of the US as head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar. Koumjian will be the first head of the Myanmar mechanism, which was established by the Human Rights Council on September 27, 2018.
4. (a) Bolivia
India and Bolivia have agreed to forge mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India. The nations have also agreed to facilitate mechanisms for the commercialisation of Lithium Carbonate and Potassium Chloride produced in Bolivia.
5. (b) Chile
During Indian President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Chile, the Chilean side reiterated its support for India’s candidature for permanent membership in a reformed and expanded UN Security Council and reaffirmed its support for India’s candidacy as a non-permanent member for the term 2021 – 2022. India also reiterated its endorsement of Chile’s candidacy to the UNSC for the term 2029 – 2030.
6. (a) Visakhapatnam
The third edition of ‘AUSINDEX-19’ (Australia India Exercise), bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy, began on April 2, 2019 with the arrival of Royal Australian Navy’s fleet at Visakhapatnam.
7. (a) Malawi
India on April 2, 2019 signed an agreement with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) for setting up the India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development (IAIARD) in Malawi, a landlocked country in southeastern Africa.
8. (b) State of Global Air-2019
Two US based institutes Health Effects Institute (HEI) and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) recently released a detailed report on quality of the global air with title, “State of Global Air 2019”. Report says that India and China have collectively accounted for more than fifty percent of global 5 million deaths due to air pollution.
9. (b) Maitri Bridge
The Indian Army has successfully built the longest (260-feet long) suspension bridge ‘Matiri Bridge’ over the Indus River in the Leh-Ladakh region in record 40 days. Suspension Bridge constructed over Indus River by Combat Engineers ‘Fire & Fury Corps’.
10. (d) New Delhi
Interaction on trade and economic cooperation with ambassadors and high commissioners of European and Oceania countries took place in New Delhi recently.