Latest Current Affairs Quiz for Exam: 16 April 2019
1. Which Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile was successfully test fired by DRDO recently?
2. The Union Cabinet recently approved MoU in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy between India and which country?
3. The Union Cabinet approved the creation of which post in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)?
a) Additional Comptroller & Auditor General
b) Chief Comptroller & Auditor General
c) Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General
d) Assistant Comptroller & Auditor General
4. India is partnering Japan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to implement two projects in which continent?
c) North America
5. The UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019 was awarded to Reuters reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo for reporting on alleged human rights violations in which country?
6. The US State department has advised its citizens to reconsider their travel to which nation?
a) North Korea
7. Who has been named captain of the Indian squad for the ICC World Cup 2019 in England and Wales?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) MS Dhoni
d) Shikhar Dhawan
8. Which among the following players didn’t make it to the final Indian squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?
a) Dinesh Karthik
b) Rishabh Pant
c) Vijay Shankar
d) KL Rahul
9. Who among the following is the first Chief Minister to have been barred from campaigning for a set period for violating the model code of conduct during election rallies?
a) Yogi Adityanath
b) Mamata Banerjee
c) K Chandrashekar Rao
d) N Chandrababu Naidu
10. The World Health Organisation has raised an alarm over 300 percent rise in cases regarding which disease in the first quarter of 2019?
1. (a) Nirbhay
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on April 15, 2019 successfully test fired indigenously designed Long Range Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile “Nirbhay” from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha.
2. (b) Bolivia
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bolivia in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy. The MoU was signed in Bolivia in March 2019.
3. (c) Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the creation of one post of Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General (Coordination, Communication and Information System) in Pay Level-17 in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
4. (d) Africa
India is partnering with Japan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to implement two projects in Africa. India will build a cancer hospital in Kenya in collaboration with Japan. It will partner with the UAE to set up an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) centre in Ethiopia.
5. (a) Myanmar
The UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019 was awarded to Reuters’ reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo for their exceptional courage in reporting on alleged human rights violations in Myanmar’s state of Rakhine. The award carries prize money of USD 25000.
6. (c) Pakistan
The US Department of State has advised its citizens to reconsider their travel to Pakistan due to terrorism. It has asked their citizens not to travel to restive Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir as it has identified these places as the most dangerous areas due to terror attacks.
7. (a) Virat Kohli
Indian selectors on April 15, 2019 announced the Indian team for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which is scheduled to begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The 15-man squad would be led by Virat Kohli with Rohit Sharma as his deputy. The surprise inclusions in the team include all-rounder Vijay Shankar and veteran wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, who has returned to India’s World Cup squad after 12 years.
8. (b) Rishabh Pant
Indian selectors on April 15, 2019 announced the Indian team for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which is scheduled to begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The 15-man squad would be led by Virat Kohli with Rohit Sharma as his deputy. While all-rounder Vijay Shankar and veteran wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik were the surprise inclusions, middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu and wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant were left out from the squad.
9. (a) Yogi Adityanath
The Election Commission on April 15, 2019 banned Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, BSP leader Mayawati, SP leader Azam Khan and Union minister Maneka Gandhi from campaigning for a set time period due to their hateful comments. This is the first time an all-India ban has been imposed on politicians to campaign in elections and it is also for the first time that such a restriction has been placed against a sitting chief minister.
10. (d) Measles
The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised alarm over a 300 percent increase in the case of measles globally in the first quarter of 2019 compared with last year. So far this year, 170 countries have reported 112,163 measles cases to WHO. At this time in 2018, 163 countries had reported 28,124 cases.
We are hiring for the following subject for Banking ( Work from home )
Share your deatils on Whatsapp – 08448106890
Stay connected with us